Our Response to COVID-19
We understand that the things most important to you during these uncertain times are help, guidance and the ability to find the information you need in one place. Here’s an outline of what help is available to you and the precautions we’re taking.
Federal Government COVID-19 stimulus payment deposits began posting the morning of Wednesday, April 15 and will continue through the rest of the year. The best way to know when your deposit has posted is to set up deposit alert notifications about alert notifications in our mobile app* or online banking to get an email, push notification or text message.
If you’re receiving a paper stimulus payment check, your check should arrive by mail to your address listed on your tax return in May.Learn More about stimulus checks
Visit a network ATM to:
- transfer money
- make a deposit
- withdraw cash or get a cash advance
- make payments
- No early withdrawal penalties on certificates. We understand you might need access to your savings, so we’ll be waiving penalties for early withdrawals on certificates.3
- Increased withdrawal limit on Non-Navy Federal ATMs. Now, when you visit an ATM not owned by Navy Federal, you’ll be able to withdraw up to $1,000 per day. The limit for Navy Federal ATMs remains the same at $1,000 per day.
Helping You Help Others. To make it easier for you to help your friends and family, here are some fast options.
- Free digital transfers. Use our app for member-to-member or Zelle® transfers.
We continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as well as federal, state and local agencies. If you need to visit one of our open branches, rest assured we’re taking precautions, including:
- regularly disinfecting areas where transactions occur
- adjusting branch hours and services, if needed, based on the local environment. Although some of our open branches are operating on more limited hours, many are open for at least 30 hours a week. Check for the latest information on branch closures and for branch hours or our nationwide network of fee-free ATMs.
- temporarily suspending educational events and seminars—visit MakingCents about MakingCents for articles and self-paced learning on topics such as improving your finances, navigating auto loans, buying a home and saving for retirement
- increasing social distancing measures by limiting the number of members in a branch at one time. For increased protection, we’ll match the number of members admitted to a branch to the number of employees. (For example, if there are 5 employees on-site, we’ll admit 5 members at a time.) You may have to sign in outside of the branch, provide your mobile phone number and return to your vehicle. We'll call when it's your turn to enter the branch.
Working With Employees
We're providing opportunities for employees to telework and are taking extra precautions to ensure our workspaces are as clean and safe as possible. We’re supporting our team members who are impacted by the closures of schools and daycare centers with paid leave.
Our Mission and Commitment to You
As our nation deals with this situation, your Navy Federal team remains committed to serving you and your families while reducing and minimizing exposure to any health threats.