Keep Your Personal Information Safe and Secure
Whether you're online or on your mobile device, our tips can help protect your personal information. Plus, take advantage of member discounts on products like McAfee® AntiVirus Plus and Equifax®.
- Install and update anti-virus and spyware-detection software, as well as a firewall.
- Keep your computer and browser updated by allowing automatic downloads.
- Never respond to emails or web pages requesting personal information verification.
- Delete emails from unknown senders with nonsensical information, subject line typos, or suspicious links.
- Use strong passwords with a mix of numbers, random characters, and upper-and lowercase letters.
- Limit your sharing of personal information online and read privacy statements.
- When you shop online, check your browser for an "s" (for "secure") in the web address (i.e., "https") and a locked padlock symbol.
On Your Mobile Device
Sign up for text alerts:
- Low-balance notifications
- Notifications of withdrawals above a pre-established threshold
- Changes to account information, such as passwords, addresses, or phone numbers
Set passwords and enable screen locks to prevent others from using your device.
- Subscribe to Equifax® credit monitoring service for alerts, identity theft insurance, and more.
- Place a code word on your account for an extra layer of security when you call or visit a branch.
- Go paperless and receive statements electronically to better protect your account information.