By going paperless, you'll be entered for a chance to win $25,000, and other cash prizes. For a chance to win, turn off your paper statements by March 31, 2013. Accounts that have gone paperless before February 1, 2013 will automatically be entered. Have multiple accounts with Navy Federal? Great! For every paper statement you turn off, you'll get an entry to win.
While we're sure you'll want to win the cash prizes, here are some benefits of going paperless:
Congratulations! E. Perryman of Mobile, AL is the grand prize winner of $25,000!
And, thanks to all the winners and participants that are now paperless!
Federally insured by NCUA.
THE NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION ESTATEMENTS SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR TRANSACTION OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD/DESCRIPTION: The Navy Federal Credit Union eStatement Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins on 02/01/13 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on 03/31/13 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The computer operated by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the "Administrator") is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. There will be eight (8) random drawings, one (1) for each week during the Sweepstakes Period (dates detailed below), from among all eligible entries received by the end of each weekly Entry Period (each, a "Weekly Drawing") Sweepstakes. There will be one (1) Grand Prize random drawing performed on or about 04/08/13 from among all eligible entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period (the "Grand Prize Drawing") to award one (1) Grand Prize. There will be a total of eighty (80) Weekly Drawing prize winners and one (1) Grand Prize Drawing winner.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to current and prospective Navy Federal Credit Union Members who are legal residents of the United States 18 years or older (or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is greater) as of the time of their entry. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win: Officers, directors, independent contractors and employees of Navy Federal Credit Union ("Sponsor"), Administrator, and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies; their distributors, contractors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, and promotional agencies and other individuals or entities involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sponsor & Others") and all of their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, in-laws and/or the household members of each). The Sweepstakes is intended solely for viewing and participation in the United States and shall be construed and evaluated solely under United States federal, state and local laws. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. An "Eligible Navy Federal Credit Union Account" for the purposes of the Sweepstakes means an Account in which the Member has the option to receive statements electronically. An eligible "Member" for the purposes of the Sweepstakes means the primary account holder of a Navy Federal Credit Union Savings Account in good standing (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). A "Prospective Member" for the purposes of the Sweepstakes means an individual who is not yet, but eligible, to become a Member, in accordance with the Navy Federal Credit Union Membership Eligibility Checklist, available online at https://www.navyfederal.org/how-to-become-a-member/how-to-become-a-member.php. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary account holder of the Eligible Navy Federal Credit Union Account in question.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a day is a calendar day, beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. There are three ways to enter the Sweepstakes. (1) Current Navy Federal Credit Union Members (further defined above) will automatically earn one (1) entry for each Eligible Navy Federal Credit Union Account (further defined above) whose statement is currently received via eStatement. No further action is required. (2) Members who do not receive their statements via eStatements for their account(s) may do so by signing on to Account Access online at https://myaccounts.navyfcu.org and hovering over "My Accounts" or "eStatements," which is located along the top menu bar, selecting "Go Green - Turn off Paper Statements," confirming they want to switch by checking "Online" and then clicking "Submit." For entry methods 1 and 2, you must continue to elect to receive eStatements throughout an entire Entry Period in order for your newly earned entries to be eligible for that Entry Period. (3) New, Current and Prospective Members who would like to participate without signing up to receive estatements will automatically receive one (1) entry each time you print your full name, address (no P.O. Box accepted), city, state, zip code, email address, phone number and date of birth on a plain piece of 3" x 5" paper and mail it in a stamped
hand-addressed business-size envelope that is postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period to: Navy Federal Credit Union Statement Suppression Sweepstakes, PO Box 7829, Melville, NY 11775-7829. Such mail-in entries will be placed into the applicable Entry Period in accordance with their postmark date. There is a limit of one entry per outer mailing envelope. Sponsor shall not be responsible for illegible, damaged, lost, late, stolen, postage-due, incomplete, undelivered/undeliverable, misdirected or returned mail. Mechanically and electronically reproduced write-in entries will not be accepted. By submitting an entry, you agree to these terms and Official Rules for this Sweepstakes, and to the decisions made by the Administrator and/or Sponsor. You further agree that there is no appeal or manner in which to object to the decisions, opinions or determinations of the Sponsor or Administrator. Limit a total of eight (8) entries per person, regardless of method of entry. Each entry received will be eligible for the Entry Period in which it was received, all subsequent Entry Periods and the Grand Prize drawing, further described below. Non-winning Weekly Drawing entries will be carried forward into the subsequent Weekly Drawings, if any. All non-winning entries will be carried forward into the Grand Prize drawing provided that an entrant has not won a prize already.
4. WEEKLY AND GRAND PRIZE RANDOM DRAWING WINNER SELECTIONS/ODDS: Administrator, an independent judging agency, will conduct all random Weekly Drawings and the Grand Prize Drawing. Weekly Drawings: Weekly Drawing winners (subject to verification) will be selected in each Weekly Drawing, which will be held on or about eight (8) days following the end of each Weekly Entry Period specified below. Weekly Drawings will be conducted from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Weekly Entry Period. Non-winning Weekly Drawing entries (as long as an entrant has not won a prize already) will be carried forward into the subsequent Weekly Drawings, if any. The odds of winning a Weekly Drawing prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received by the end of each Weekly Entry Period and compliance with the exact requirements of these Official Rules. The Weekly Entry Periods are as follows:
|Weekly Entry Period #1:||02/01/13 - 02/10/13|
|Weekly Entry Period #2:||02/11/13 - 02/17/13|
|Weekly Entry Period #3:||02/18/13 - 02/24/13|
|Weekly Entry Period #4:||02/25/13 - 03/03/13|
|Weekly Entry Period #5:||03/04/13 - 03/10/13|
|Weekly Entry Period #6:||03/11/13 - 03/17/13|
|Weekly Entry Period #7:||03/18/13 - 03/24/13|
|Weekly Entry Period #8:||03/25/13 - 03/31/13|
Grand Prize Drawing: The Grand Prize winner will be selected in the Grand Prize Drawing, which will be held on or about 04/08/13, from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period and compliance with the exact requirements of these Official Rules.
5. CONSUMER DISCLOSURE - WEEKLY PRIZES AND GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize (1): $25,000 cash. 80 Weekly Prizes [Ten (10) per Entry Period]: $500 cash. Prizes will be awarded as winner's choice of a direct deposit into their Navy Federal Credit Union Savings Account or as a check. Prospective Members who are deemed winners and would like to have their prize deposited in a Navy Federal Credit Union Savings Account will be invited to have a Savings Account opened in their name so that they may receive prize. Total Retail Value of all prizes: $65,000. The winners will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize awarded. Regardless of the number of entries, limit one (1) prize per person. The odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. No prize substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes permitted except at sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award a prize of greater or equal value if advertised prizes are unavailable. All details of prize awards not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
6. NOTIFICATION/AFFIDAVITS: Prizes will be awarded and winners will be notified by U.S. mail. All potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and being declared an official winner is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/compliance (including for Grand Prize winner only, providing his/her Social Security Number for tax purposes) and a publicity/liability release ("Release"), as allowed by law, by the return date specified in the prize notification or he/she will forfeit the prize. In the event of prize forfeiture, if a potential winner is unreachable, if the prize notification is undeliverable, or if a potential winner declines acceptance of the prize, Sponsor may award the prize to a randomly selected alternate potential winner. All potential winners of the Sweepstakes are subject to verification by Sponsor or Administrator, whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection and verification of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. All materials submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor & Others are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, delayed, inaccurate, incomplete, postage due or misdirected entries, interrupted or unavailable network servers involved in posting transactions, processing entries, Internet access or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions/failures of any kind or jumbled, scrambled or misdirected Sweepstakes entries, or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes, failures or difficulties or for other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic, or for any damage to any person or person's computer or property related to participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor & Others are not liable for any transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter the system for any reason, or are processed reported or transmitted late or incorrectly for any reason. Sponsor & Others are not responsible or liable for any Internet connectivity costs, credit card costs, dial-up access costs, or upload fees. Persons found tampering with, abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or violating these Official Rules, will be disqualified and may be subject to prosecution. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner or entry based on an automatic entry, the winning entry will be declared made by the Member who is the primary account holder for which the winning entry was submitted, as determined solely by Sponsor's records. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE ACCOMPANYING THE PRODUCTS BEING AWARDED AS THE PRIZES. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE/MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that he/she has read these Official Rules and that he/she will be strictly bound by them. Sponsor's decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes and any/all prizes awarded. By accepting a prize, winners grant Sponsor the right to use their individual names, addresses, photographs, and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes and for any other such purposes as Sponsor so determines, in any and all media worldwide without limitation, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, viruses, tampering, or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award all prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
9. DISPUTES: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN VIRGINIA; (2) ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES HIS/HER RIGHT TO SWEEPSTAKES JURISDICTION; (3) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES; AND (4) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. GENERAL RELEASE: Each entrant hereby agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor & Others, from any claims, actions, damages, losses or injury of any kind including but not limited to personal injury or death, resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or from acceptance, use or misuse of a prize awarded or participation in any prize-related activity. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income, or profit; loss or damage to property; and/or claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Sponsor & Others have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express, or implied (including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes or to any prize.
12. WINNER LIST: For a Winners List, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, postmarked no later than 05/08/13 to: Navy Federal Statement Sweepstakes Winner List, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. EG), Melville, NY 11747. Requests must be received no later than 06/08/13. Residents of VT may omit return postage. 13. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Navy Federal Credit Union, 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180. The Administrator of this Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.