Keeping Personal Information secure is one of our most important priorities. Consistent with our obligations under applicable laws and regulations, we maintain physical, technical, electronic, procedural and organizational safeguards and security measures that are designed to protect personal data against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or access, whether it is processed by us or elsewhere.
Sale of Personal Information
It is Navy Federal’s policy not to sell Personal Information, and we have not done so in the past 12 months.
Rights Under the CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- request that we disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request (“request to know”):
- the categories of Personal Information that we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Information;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information about you;
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed to third parties for a business purpose and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such Personal Information; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
You also have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. If you wish to designate an authorized agent, Navy Federal requires a valid power of attorney with express powers under the CCPA.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or confirm that the Personal Information that we maintain relates to you, or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual. Additionally, we may not honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of Personal Information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another individual or where the Personal Information that we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s rights.
We will advise you in our response if we are not able to honor your request. We will not provide Social Security Numbers, driver’s license numbers or government-issued identification numbers, financial account numbers, healthcare or medical identification numbers, account passwords or security questions and answers, or any specific pieces of information if the disclosure presents the possibility of unauthorized access that could result in identity theft or fraud or unreasonable risk to data or systems and network security.
How to Make Requests
If you are a California resident (or an authorized agent thereof), you may make a request for the disclosures described above or make a request to delete Personal Information we collected from you using one of the below methods.
- Members or others who have a relationship with Navy Federal may submit a request by calling 1-888-842-6328.
- Mail a notarized copy to Navy Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 2464, Merrifield, VA 22116-2464.
- In-person submission of our request form at a Navy Federal branch located in California. (Branch Locator)
Use the downloadable/printable version of our CCPA Request form to make requests by mail or in person.
Upon submission of your request, we will take steps to verify your identity. Those steps may vary, however, depending on your relationship with Navy Federal. We will work to process all verified requests to know within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If we need an extension in order to process your request, we will reach out to you.