Bottom Line Up Front
- Search for the car you want and get up-front personalized price offers from TrueCar® Certified Dealers.1
- Looking to trade or sell? Obtain an estimated value for your current car and get a cash offer in minutes.
- Some dealers allow you to buy your car from the comfort of your home, with vehicle delivery and remote paperwork options.
- Navy Federal has great rates on auto loans, 100% financing and exclusive military discounts, often with decisions in seconds.
If you’re like most people, you don’t buy a vehicle that often, which means new tips and tools have probably emerged since your last car purchase. These tools not only make car buying easier and faster, but also help you secure a great deal.
That’s the case with Navy Federal Credit Union’s Car Buying Service, powered by TrueCar®.2 Through this partnership, you can find and finance your next car all in one place—even from the comfort of home.
How the Car Buying Service Can Help
- Get data about what cars are selling for near you. Search for the car you’re interested in online and see prices for actual cars near you. Plus, you can see a market average for cars like the one you want, based on actual recent transactions by other buyers.3 Armed with that information, you can easily identify a great deal.
- Members save more. Once you’ve found the car that’s right for you, get a personalized offer from a TrueCar Certified Dealer online. Members can save thousands off the MSRP4 and receive additional special offers from select manufacturers.
- Trade-ins made easy. Unlike tools that give you an estimate of what you might be able to negotiate at a dealership, the Car Buying Service, powered by TrueCar, gives you the option of a True Cash OfferTM. After providing information about your car—like the mileage, color and options—you’ll receive an offer from a TrueCar Certified Dealer. Not ready quite yet? Your offer is locked in for 3 days.
- Buy a car from anywhere. You can do most things from your personal computer, and now car buying is one of them, too. Some dealers allow you to handle all aspects of your purchase without ever needing to go into the dealership. You’ll complete your paperwork remotely and have the vehicle delivered to you. If eligible, you can even buy a new car while you’re stationed overseas or deployed at sea.
- Apply for your loan. Before you hit the road, apply for financing for your new or used vehicle through Navy Federal. We offer auto loans with great rates, 100% financing and exclusive military discounts, often with decisions in seconds. Get preapproved to speed up the process and know how much you can afford.
- Connect with a TrueCar Certified Dealer. Want to search online, but test drive and buy in person? You can do that, too. Complete your purchase all online, or start online and finish at the dealership. Once you find your vehicle, you can lock in incentives and discounts and connect with the dealer to visit in person. You can apply for your loan in minutes and take advantage of other member-only discounts—all before heading out the door.
Shop, Compare and Save
Best of all, Navy Federal’s Car Buying Service, powered by TrueCar, is free for members. You can get discounted pricing and great rates and, if eligible, enjoy incentives tailored to Active Duty, veterans and their families. Take a look and see how much you could save on your next vehicle.
1Certified Dealers are contractually obligated by TrueCar to meet certain customer service requirements and complete the TrueCar Dealer Certification Program.
2TrueCar operates the Navy Federal Car Buying Service. Navy Federal is not responsible for any purchase, lease or service provided by or through the Navy Federal Car Buying Service.
3The "Market Average" is a proprietary calculation computed by TrueCar that takes into account several factors and is subject to various adjustments. Additional information regarding the calculation of TrueCar's Market Averages is available at navyfederal.truecar.com.
4Between 1/1/20 and 12/31/20, the average savings off MSRP experienced by consumers who connected with a TrueCar Certified Dealer through a TrueCar-powered auto buying program and who were identified as buying a new vehicle from that Certified Dealer was $3,552. Your actual savings may vary based on multiple factors, including the vehicle you select, region, dealer, and applicable vehicle-specific manufacturer incentives, which are subject to change. The MSRP is determined by the manufacturer and may not reflect the price at which vehicles are generally sold in the dealer's trade area, as many vehicles are sold below MSRP. Each dealer sets its own pricing.