Curious about adding an authorized user to your credit card? Under the right circumstances, adding a user can be beneficial for both you and the user. Here’s what you need to know to make sure it’s the right decision for your situation:
- You can add your spouse, family member or anyone you choose. The authorized user receives a card with their name and a unique number on it, and they enjoy the privileges of using the card.1 Because you’re ultimately responsible to pay for purchases the authorized user makes, choose carefully who you add to your card.
- Adding an authorized user may help that person build credit. Getting approved for a credit card can be challenging for someone with no credit history. That’s why becoming an authorized user may be a big plus for someone who’s having difficulty qualifying for a credit card on their own. As an authorized user, they can gain experience using credit and learn how to manage their own credit in the future. Again, ensure the person you add as a user is committed to responsible credit use.
- You can set limits and monitor spending. As a primary account holder, you may have the ability to simplify budgeting by setting limits on spending for any authorized users. You can also easily monitor spending on the card 24/7 and set up notifications through our mobile app2 or online. Keeping close tabs on an authorized user’s spending can help keep your credit (and relationship) on good terms.
- An authorized user helps you earn more rewards. Your rewards add up even faster with an authorized user on your account, because you’ll also be earning rewards on their purchases. You can then redeem the points you earn for cash back, gift cards, travel or merchandise.3 Don’t have a rewards card? You can still earn rewards when you or your authorized user shop through Member Deals.4
- It’s easy to add an authorized user. You can securely add an authorized user to your card in a few simple steps—the process should only take a few minutes. Just sign in to the mobile app, select your card, tap "Manage Card", then select "Add Authorized User". You can also call us at 1-888-842-6328. Learn more about setting up an authorized user on your Navy Federal Credit Union Credit Card.
1Authorized users can use your account subject to the terms and conditions of the Credit Card Agreement and Disclosure. You are responsible for paying any charges made or allowed by an authorized user. The account performance will be reported in all the account holders' and authorized users' names to credit reporting agencies.
2Message and data rates may apply. Terms and Conditions are available.
3Rewards are earned on eligible net purchases. "Net purchases" means the sum of your eligible purchase transactions minus returns and refunds. Eligible purchase transactions do not include, and rewards are not earned for, the following transactions: cash advances, convenience checks, balance transfers, or fees of any kind, including finance charges, late fees, returned check fees, ATM cash advance fees, and annual fees, if any. Cash equivalent transactions, such as the purchase, loading or reloading of gift and prepaid cards (e.g., money orders, Visa® Buxx Cards, GO Prepaid Cards and other cash equivalent gift cards), may not be eligible purchase transactions and may not earn rewards.
4Program excludes Navy Federal Business and Home Equity Line Visa Platinum credit cards and Navy Federal Debit Cards. Rewards are subject to change and vary by merchant. Reward types will be based on the member's purchasing credit card. cashRewards cardholders will receive cash back. Platinum cardholders will receive a statement credit, and all others will receive points.