The CARES Act stimulus payments via direct deposit have already started appearing in accounts and will continue to roll out through the year. Members receiving the payments via paper checks will begin receiving them by mail in May.
In addition to using the IRS web portal (scheduled to launch Friday, April 17) to check the status of your stimulus payment, you can receive deposit alerts, check your balance, transfer funds and deposit paper checks through Navy Federal’s digital banking channels.
Set Up Deposit Alerts
Set up deposit alert notifications in our mobile app* or online banking to receive a text message,* push notification or email letting you know when your check has posted. Follow the steps below to get set up:
From Mobile Banking*
- Sign in to the mobile app.
- Tap More on the bottom, then Notifications.
- Select the account your check will deposit into. Note: this is the account you last received a direct deposit tax refund into.
- Choose how you want us to notify you (push, text, email) and tap Save. If you choose to be notified by text, you’ll need to respond “yes” to the first one you receive to complete enrollment.
From Online Banking
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on Account Services, then Sign Up for Account Notifications.
- From the left-hand menu, select the account your check will deposit into. Note: this is the account you last received a direct deposit tax refund into.
- Choose how you want us to notify you (text,* push, email) and click Save. If you choose to be notified by text, you’ll need to respond “yes” to the first one you receive to complete enrollment.
Check Your Balance
Whether you need to transfer funds to another member, to someone outside the credit union or between your accounts, you can do so with mobile and online banking. Explore all our transfer options and easy step-by-step guidance on how to conduct them.
Use Mobile Deposit*
If the IRS doesn’t have your direct deposit information on file, the IRS will issue a paper check and it will be mailed to the address provided on the last tax return submitted. Those receiving paper checks can deposit them with our mobile banking app—simply follow the steps below:
- Download our free mobile app (available for Android™, Kindle Fire™, iPhone® and iPad®).
- Sign in to your Navy Federal account within the app.
- Tap the “Deposits” button and follow the instructions.
Looking for other ways you can use mobile banking? Explore more with our mobile tutorials.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC. iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Amazon, Kindle, Fire and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.