2019 Year in Review
2019 Year in Review
Join us in taking a look back at all that our members accomplished in 2019. From starting to save to buying a new home, there's a lot to be proud of!
Our Members Crushed 2019!
As 2019 comes to a close, it’s a great time to reflect on what our members accomplished during the year. As we took a look back, one thing became clearer than ever: our members rock!
Of course we already knew that, but seriously! You all reached some big financial goals, and we’re so proud of you. We’re also proud you’ve chosen us to be your financial partner. Your membership means a lot to us!
Okay, enough of the mushy stuff. Here’s a look at some of your financial achievements from 2019:
- 21,743 reached your goal of buying a home for the first time. Homeownership is one of the most important financial decisions you’ll make in your lifetime and allows you to build equity and contribute to your overall wealth. Congrats!
- 29,000 of you used the benefits you’ve earned as a servicemember to buy a house with a VA loan. Because you served your country, you’re entitled to exclusive mortgage benefits, and you made the smart decision to use those benefits.
- 301,416 of you bought a new or new-to-you car with a Navy Federal auto loan. You took advantage of great low interest rates and convenient loan terms.
- 59,573 of you saved money when you refinanced your auto loan with us. In addition to great interest rates on your new loan, you received cash back when you refinanced!
- Many of you made the smart decision not to buy that car you thought you wanted after you got a CARFAX®1 report from us identifying potential safety or reliability issues. Letting our members know about CARFAX alerts is something new we started this year, and we’re so glad you’re more informed now!
- 35,121 of you opened an IRA for the first time and received a bonus. You made good strides for your future retirement and overall financial wellness.
- Those of you with a Navy Federal Credit Card earned more than 10 billion—yes, BILLION—points on the purchases you made. You were smart to shop with your card because you earned points for travel, gift cards or even cash back. That means less money out of your pocket.
- 6.71 million of you banked on your schedule when you signed up for digital banking.* You took control of your finances and made the choice to bank anytime, anywhere—when it’s convenient for you.
Congratulations! Those are some major financial victories. We can’t wait to see what you’ll accomplish in 2020. And, we’ll be here to help because your financial success is our mission all year long.
1CARFAX is a registered trademark of Carfax, Inc. *Message and data rates may apply. Terms and Conditions are available.