With an auto loan pre-approval, you could negotiate a better sales price with the dealer.
You’ll need to provide the following information:
- Contact information for applicant and co-applicant (phone number and email)
- Current housing, employment and income information for applicant and co-applicant
- Trade-in information (title or loan information, registration, etc.)
- Amount you expect to finance (including vehicle purchase price, taxes, tags, title and warranty, less any down payment)
- Length (term) of the loan you want
After submitting your application, you’ll receive a text message* or email letting you know if you were pre-approved for the amount you requested.1
We understand that when shopping for a car, you can’t always wait around for a decision. That’s why we typically provide auto loan decisions in 5 minutes or less.
You can pick up your check at your nearest branch or have it mailed to your home.
When you’re ready to purchase the vehicle, take the loan check to the dealer. Be sure it’s completed and signed. Get started on finding the perfect vehicle with our Auto Buying Program.
Send us the title
Once you pay the seller, ensure the title is received by Navy Federal within 90 days of purchase.
1 Credit and collateral subject to approval. ↵