Covers overdrafts by automatically moving money from savings to checking.
- Free of charge
- Automatically set up for you when you open your checking account
- Requires funds to be available in the Membership Share Savings account for the full transaction amount
Optional Overdraft Protection Service (OOPS)
Covers overdrafts from checks, ATM withdrawals, Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions (including automatic bill payments) and debit card transactions.
- $20 fee for each overdraft
- No fee on transactions of $5 or less, or if your total overdrawn balance is less than $15
- Maximum of 1 overdraft fees charged per day (additional charges will be covered up to the maximum amount)
- Total overdrafts limited to $500, plus fees
- 30 days to bring the account to a positive balance3
- No credit approval required
Sign in to online banking to opt in:
- Click the "Account Services" tab
- Find the "Checking & Savings" section
- Click "Optional Overdraft Protection Service"
What is Direct Deposit?
Get your pay safely and conveniently.Learn Moreabout What is Direct Deposit?
Navy Federal Debit Card
Accepted at millions of locations worldwide. Secure and convenient. Activate your debit card today.Learn Moreabout Navy Federal Debit Card
Switch to Paperless Statements
Reduce waste while increasing your account security. Make the switch to paperless statements.Learn Moreabout Switch to Paperless Statements
Generally, credit lines are $500. Additional amounts may be available to applicants who have certain relationships with us, such as long-term members, Active Duty members and/or members with direct deposit.↵
Rates subject to change and are based on creditworthiness. Repayment terms of 2% of outstanding balance or $20, whichever is greater.↵