With an auto loan pre-approval, you could negotiate a better sales price with the dealer.
Gather the following information to submit with your application:
- Contact information for applicant and co-applicant (phone number and email)
- Current housing, employment and income information for applicant and co-applicant
- Trade-in information (title or loan information, registration, etc.)
- Amount you expect to finance (including vehicle purchase price, taxes, tags, title and warranty, less any down payment)
- Length (term) of the loan you want
Submit your application.
After submitting your application, you’ll receive a text message* or email letting you know if you were pre-approved for the amount you requested.1
We understand that when shopping for a car, you can’t always wait around for a decision. That’s why we typically provide auto loan decisions in seconds.
Pick up your loan check.
Your check can be picked up at your nearest branch or you can have it mailed to your home.
Take the loan check to the dealer when you're ready to buy.
Be sure the loan check is completed and signed when you're ready to purchase your vehicle. Get started on finding the perfect vehicle with our Auto Buying Program.
Send us the title.
Once you pay the seller, ensure the title is received by Navy Federal within 90 days of purchase.
Credit and collateral subject to approval.↵