We're Committed to Protecting Your Privacy
Safeguarding your personal information is one of our highest priorities. We strive to be good stewards of your data and provide the highest quality service.
Introduction and Intention
Navy Federal Credit Union, together with its subsidiaries, affiliates and branches (collectively, “Navy Federal”, “we”, “us” or “our”), strives to serve your needs and to protect your identity and any information we collect about you.
- covers your interaction with Navy Federal Credit Union, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and companies engaged by Navy Federal and its subsidiaries and affiliates to render services (“Service Providers”) when you use any mobile application or visit any website that we own, or visit other sites where we have indicated our policy expressly applies, including, but not limited to, our website (navyfederal.org) and our mobile apps (collectively, “Sites”);
- describes the categories of personal information that we may collect about you when you interact with or visit our Sites;
- discloses whether other parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites;
- discloses if we engage in the collection of your personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites;
- states how we may use information that we collect;
- describes the categories of other persons or entities with whom we may share your personal information;
- describes the way you can review and request changes to certain personal information that we collect;
- discloses how we may respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other opt-out mechanisms;
- states that we do not knowingly collect personal information of children under the age of 13 without the consent of their parent or legal guardian;
- links to a California-specific description of consumers’ privacy rights; and
What Information Do We Collect?
We may also collect personal information when you use our Sites, products, and services. Personal information that we collect may include your name or other online identifier, home or other physical address, telephone number, email address, IP address, website interactions, geolocation, device identifier, keystrokes, the contents of your communications with us, and information from a consumer report about you.
Additionally, use of the internet makes it possible for us or other parties to collect data about your online activities over time and across different websites, including when you use our Sites. In that regard, we use tracking technology on our Sites that collects analytics, records how you interact with our Sites, or allows us to participate in behavior-based targeted advertising.
How Do We Use Information That We Collect?
We may use your personal information to provide and improve our products and services; to process transactions and payments; to conduct analytics and research; to enhance your experience on our Sites; to help deliver our ads on your web browser; to measure advertising campaign effectiveness; to respond to your requests and communications; to manage your preferences; as required to meet legal and regulatory obligations; and for any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time we collect or you provide your information. We do not sell your personal information.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize or deidentify your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. To the extent we maintain and use personal information in an anonymized or deidentified form, we will not attempt to reidentify the information, except for the purpose of determining whether our anonymization/deidentification processes satisfy our legal obligations.
With Whom Do We Share the Information We Collect?
We may share the information we collect from you in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may share your information with Service Providers. Among other things, Service Providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of services.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third-party intermediary.
Additional information on our banking terms and conditions can be found in our Mobile Banking, Online Banking, and Bill Pay Terms and Conditions.
Keeping Your Information Accurate
It is important that we have accurate and up-to-date information about you. If you notice that your information is incomplete, inaccurate, or out of date, you can update your information through our mobile or online service or by contacting us at 1-888-842-6328. You may also write to us at Navy Federal Credit Union, PO Box 3002, Merrifield, VA 22116-9887.
How You Can Control Your Information
Our Sites are designed for optimal viewing with cookies enabled (cookies are small text files that collect internet traffic data). For example, cookies store your preferences for when you visit our Sites. If your web browser settings allow cookies, our Sites will utilize them. You may disable or remove cookies by accessing your web browser settings. Our Sites will still function without cookies, but some features may not work properly. Please note that due to a lack of consistent standards across browsers, our Sites may not respond to “do not track” browser settings.
You may, however, be able to opt out of certain advertisements. To learn more about a particular advertising network (including how to opt out), click on the industry group network symbol or link located on the advertisement.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 without obtaining consent from a parent or legal guardian.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
Notice for California Residents
We may change our policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means, such as by posting the revised policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. Any changes to our policy will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise.