Deposit up to $50,000 in checks per day.
Save Time and Money
Skip the trip to the branch or ATM.
Get email confirmation for every deposit.
View images of your deposited checks in your account.
How to Make a Deposit
- Sign in to the mobile app.*
- Select Deposits from the bottom navigation bar.
- Select Enroll and Deposit.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, then select ACCEPT.
- Select Make Deposit, then select the account you’d like to deposit money To.
- Enter the check information and follow the instructions for capturing images of the front and back of the check.
- Confirm the check has been signed by all payees, and "For Mobile Deposit Only at NFCU" is written on the back.
- Review the information and then select Make Deposit and Done.
Download Our App for Your Mobile Device
How are checks deposited through the mobile app protected from fraud?
Navy Federal’s Mobile Deposits service is offered through our Mobile Banking* app, which requires you to provide a unique username and password each time you sign in. Each item to deposit must be endorsed with the signature of the payee and “For Mobile Deposit Only at NFCU.” By doing so, checks deposited through Mobile Deposits cannot be deposited again at a Navy Federal branch or another financial institution. The Mobile Deposits approval process also includes a review of each deposited item and automatically detects duplicate deposits within 24 hours of submission.
When will deposited funds be available in my account?
If Navy Federal approves the deposit:
|If you submit your deposit within the below timeframes:||Up to $225 is available:||Remaining funds of deposits are available:|
|Monday-Friday, prior to 6 pm ET||Next Business Day||Second Business Day after day of approval|
|Monday-Friday, after 6 pm ET and Saturday-Sunday||Second Business Day after approval||Third Business Day after approval|
|Federal Holiday||Second Business Day after approval||Third Business Day after approval|
For example, if you deposit a $2,500 check through Mobile Deposits before 6 pm ET on Monday, $225 of the deposit will be available on Tuesday. The remaining $2,275 will be available on Wednesday (2 Business Days after the approval).
What are the deposit and transaction limits?
All accounts have a $50,000 aggregate limit per Business Day. Transactions are not limited for business accounts; however, personal accounts have a daily transaction limit of 10 check deposits.
What types of checks can be deposited with Mobile Deposits?
- Personal checks
- Corporate/business checks
- Cashier’s checks
- Government checks
Ineligible items include, but aren’t limited to:
- checks or items not payable in United States currency;
- checks or items drawn on financial institutions located outside the United States;
- money orders and travelers checks;
- American Express® Gift Cheques;
- savings bonds;
- checks or items containing an obvious alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check or item which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect to be fraudulent;
- checks or items drawn or otherwise issued by you or any other party on any of your Navy Federal accounts;
- checks or items previously converted to a substitute check;
- checks that require authorization (e.g., COMCHEKS, BranchPay, RapidDrafts);
- state-issued registered warrants;
- eChecks - checks printed using a personal home printer;
- Fiduciary checks - any checks where the designated payee is an individual acting on behalf of another person;
- checks from a closed account at another financial institution;
- checks or items that are incomplete
Navy Federal reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine what items may be considered “Ineligible Items.”
How long does the system retain my Mobile Deposits history?
Mobile Deposits keeps a history of your mobile deposits and check images for up to 2 years. To view your deposits in the mobile app, select the “Deposit History” button within the Deposits tab.
How long should I retain my original check? What happens if I discard the check and an issue arises?
For your protection, retain the original check for at least 5 days AFTER receiving confirmation that it has been accepted. When you’re ready to discard it, mark it “VOID” and dispose of it in a way that prevents it from being presented for payment again. If an issue should arise and the original check is no longer available, please contact the issuer of the check to obtain a new copy that can be resubmitted for deposit.
What should I do if I need help using Mobile Deposits?
What steps should I take if my Mobile Deposit is declined?
If your deposit item is declined, a message will be sent to the email address on record indicating the reason for the decline. If you feel you need to discuss the matter in more detail, you can call our Contact Center Representatives 24/7 at 1-888-842-6328. Reasons that deposit items may be declined include:
- ineligible check
- missing signature
- missing endorsement
- stale dated
- duplicate check
- poor image quality
- daily deposit dollar amount exceeded
- unacceptable item
What’s the difference between “Depositor” and “Submitted by”?
The difference between “Depositor” and “Submitted by” only applies to Mobile Deposits accounts that have an authorized user listed. For these transactions, the primary account holder's name is displayed as the “Depositor” and the authorized user is displayed as “Submitted by.”
App Store®, Apple®, Apple Pay®, iPhone®, iSight®, Wallet®, Touch ID® and iTunes® are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android™, Google Pay™ and Google Play™ are trademarks of Google LLC. The Android Robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.
Amazon and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.