We’re making your financial health our mission every week with our personal finance podcast, MakingCents. Join us as we explore ways to help you stay in control of your wallet and make sense of your money.
Where to Listen
- Episode 1: Saving for the Holiday Season
- Episode 2: How to Make Your Money Go Further in 2020
- Episode 3: Understanding the Value of VA Loans
- Episode 4: What Servicemembers Need to Know About Transitioning to Civilian Life
- Episode 5: What You Need to Know About Civilian Job Searching in 2021
- Episode 6, Part 1: Planning for Retirement During a Pandemic
- Episode 6, Part 2: Planning for Retirement During a Pandemic
- Episode 7: Military Saves: The Month, the Pledge and Super Savers
- Episode 8: Navigating the Economy in 2021
- Episode 9: Navy Federal and Operation Homefront Celebrate Military Appreciation
- Episode 10: How to Place a Winning Offer on a Home in 2021
- Episode 11: Student Loans 101
- Episode 12: Best Careers for Military Spouses
- Episode 13: Operation Gratitude on Military Appreciation and Giving Back
- Episode 14: How to Manage Your Finances Through Inflation and Market Volatility
- Episode 15: Managing Your Budget in a Changing Economy
- Episode 16: Making Home-Buying Easier
- Episode 17: Commitment Connects Us - Service Beyond Banking
Meet the Hosts
Emily Bigham is a leader in Credit Card Operations at Navy Federal and the host of MakingCents. With a background in personal finance, data analysis and public relations, Emily brings knowledge of every different stage in the financial journey. She believes that being financially successful isn’t about making a lot of money—it’s about being smart with the money you have.
She's passionate about service and refers to herself as a true Navy brat, having grown up traveling the globe with an Active Duty parent. Think of Emily as your personal finance guru and listen each week as she uncovers ways to help you stay financially fit.
Brandi Gomez is a Senior Corporate Social Responsibility Program Manager at Navy Federal Credit Union, responsible for leading the strategy for our full portfolio of philanthropic giving and our key relationship manager for all corporate and national partnerships. Additionally, she manages various employee powered programs that amplify our impact in our local communities.
If not podcasting or spending time with her husband and two children, there's a 99% chance you'll find her enjoying a sweat sesh on her Peloton, exploring one of many beautiful nature trails along the Gulf Coast or giving back to the community.
As a military spouse, Brandi is dedicated to serving others and spreading Navy Federal’s mission, so tune in to hear her catch up with some of our incredible partners and leaders who help Navy Federal successfully serve the military community and beyond.
Contact the Show
We love to hear from our listeners! Reach us anytime by sending an email to MakingCents@navyfederal.org.
Stay on course for your financial goals with these helpful resources.
Get step-by-step information to help you improve personal finances, buy a car, manage credit cards, buy a home and pay for college.Learn Moreabout MakingCents
Navy Federal Investment Services
Find the tools you need to successfully manage your assets. Explore all our financial services or work with an advisor to discuss your options.Learn Moreabout Navy Federal Investment Services
The Navy Federal Blog
Build confidence through stories, insights and guidance as you navigate your financial journey.Learn Moreabout The Navy Federal Blog