Offering experience, advice and personal attention, Navy Federal's Trust Services offer estate and financial planning to help protect your legacy and your family's financial future.
Planning Your Estate
- Will: Specifies the method for management and distribution of your assets after your death.
- Power of Attorney: Authorizes another person to act in legal or financial matters on your behalf.
- Trust: Defines how money and property will be handled for beneficiaries and is managed by a trustee.
- Living Will: Details wishes regarding medical treatment when you're unable to express your desires.
The specifics of an estate plan vary depending on your age, health, wealth, lifestyle, life stage, goals and many other factors. A good plan can help avoid legal hang-ups, minimize estate taxes and ease family tensions. Work with a trust officer to determine your particular estate planning needs.
Settling a Navy Federal Account
- determine necessary account adjustments, including closing accounts
- determine entitlement to account funds
- inform about required legal documents
- provide a summary of all actions taken when settlement is complete