We’re Here to Help You Manage Your Financial Life
Whether it’s your first Permanent Change of Station (PCS) or your last as you transition out of the military, there are many things to think about and prepare for. Navy Federal is here to help you navigate your finances and ease your transition.
Permanent Change of Station
So, you’ve just gotten your PCS orders. You may be excited or anxious—maybe a bit of both. No matter your situation, you can make the transition easier with these tips:
- Budgeting helps you build a solid foundation for a successful financial future. Once you have an idea of what you’re spending and how you can plan out your finances, break down your budget even further with these budgeting tips.
- For tips on making your move easier, Military.com has checklists to help you prepare for PCS.
Transitioning Back to Civilian Life
Transitioning from military to civilian life will present you and your family with many exciting opportunities.
- Participate in the Transition Assistance Program (TAP) if you're prepping for your final PCS. This program provides you and your family tools and training you'll need for the next step.
- Begin your employment research at least 12 months before you leave the service, if possible. Our transition kit can help you prep for your next career with tips on managing your new financial world.
- Track your monthly expenses and read our shopping tips for military families. A little financial planning can go a long way in ensuring a smooth transition.
Choosing Your New Home and Neighborhood
Buying, selling or renting a home is an exciting and big decision. Consider looking at the places best suited for servicemembers for your post-military move.
- Find a top-performing agent to help with your move through our RealtyPlus®1 program. We can also help guide you home with our excellent home loan products.
- Visit MilitaryByOwner for help finding homes for rent and sale by other military servicemembers.
- Prepare for a change in housing costs, whether you plan to rent or buy. We have some helpful information for your next move.
Invest in Your Future
It’s never too early or late to think about investing—whether it’s your child’s education or other planned expenses. Our financial advisors have a deep understanding of military finances to help you invest today.
Help Us Serve You Better
Now that you’re home, make sure you receive the most up-to-date communication from Navy Federal. Be sure to sign in to your account to update your contact information in your profile settings.Learn Moreabout Help Us Serve You Better
Make the Move Easier
Both personal and financial considerations come into play when transitioning to civilian life. Here are some helpful tips for a successful PCS.Learn Moreabout Make the Move Easier
Support for You and Your Family
Military OneSource offers additional resources and support to Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve servicemembers and their families.Learn Moreabout Support for You and Your Family
The cash-back bonus is offered in most states and is available for individual sales and purchases of property; offer limited to one cash-back bonus per property with no limit on the amount of times you may use the program. In some states, a gift card or commission credit at closing may be provided in lieu of the cash-back bonus. The program is not available in IA or outside the U.S. Cash-back bonus is not available in AK, LA or OK. In KS and TN, a gift card with preloaded points that are ready for spending at specified retail establishments after closing will be issued. State regulations in KS limit the dollar amounts and the type of incentive. In MS, NJ, and OR, a commission reduction may be available at closing. Please check with the program coordinator for details. This is not a solicitation if you are already represented by a real estate broker. The cash-back bonus is only available with the purchase or sale of your home through the use of a program-referred and -approved real estate agent. The size of your cash-back award depends on the value of the property you are buying or selling. Obtaining the full $8,000 cash-back award requires transacting in a property valued at $1.75 million or greater. To calculate the size of your potential cash back, please visit navyfederal.org/realtyplus. All real estate transactions are negotiable. Contact RealtyPlus for terms and conditions. Standard listing fees apply. The program award is not available in certain transactions with restricted agent commissions (including many new construction, For Sale by Owner, or For Sale by iBuyer transactions). Your assigned agent can help you identify any transactions where the award would not be available.↵