Field of Membership
- Department of Defense
- Marine Corps
- Air Force
- Space Force
- Coast Guard
- Veterans and Families
As of June 30, 2023.
- $165.3 Billion
- $144.6 Billion
- $177 Billion
- $18.4 Billion
- Winchester, VA 3,000 Employees
- Pensacola, FL 10,000 Employees
- Vienna, VA 5,800 Employees
- Worldwide 24,300 Employees
354 Branches Worldwide
We're proud to serve our members at 354 branches worldwide.
- 26 international locations
- 166 branches on or near military installations
- Network of 30,000+ FREE ATMs1
- 45% of branch employees are directly tied to the military
- Dedicated VA Mortgage Loans and Servicing
- Early Pay for Active Duty Members With Direct Deposit2
- Financial Education Presentations for Military Recruits
- Free Active Duty Checking®3 and Discounts
- 24/7 Support From Our Stateside Member Service Team
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- FORTUNE Best Workplaces for Women
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work for Financial and Insurance Services
- The Washington Post's Top Workplace
- Forbes America's Best Employers for New Grads
- Computerworld's Best Places to Work in IT
- RippleMatch's Campus Forward Award
- WayUp's Top 100 Internship Programs List
- Military Times Best for Vets
- Military.com's TOP Veteran Employer
- Association for Talent Development: BEST Award Winner
© 2023 Fortune Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license.
- Credit Union of the Year - Navy Distinguished Credit Union Service Award (17th consecutive year)
- Best Banks for Military - Money
- Best Military Bank/Credit Union - The Military Wallet
- Best Military Bank/Credit Union - US News & World Report
- Best Military Credit Card - CardRates.com
- Top Military Financial Institution - The Military Wallet
- #1 for Customer Experience among Multichannel Banks/ Credit Unions in Forrester's 2023 CX Index™ Survey
- #2 for Customer Experience among Credit Card Issuers in Forrester's 2023 CX Index™ Survey
- #8 in the Social Innovation Index by Fordham Innovative Companies Research
- #25 in the American Innovation Index by Fordham Innovative Companies Research
- GOBankingRates Best Credit Unions
- Bankrate's Auto Loan: Best for new car purchase
- MONEY's Best VA Loan Lender
+74% of members use digital banking through Navy Federal's mobile app* and Navy Federal Online®.
- Multi-Channel Account Access
- Zero Liability Policy
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Biometric Authentication
- 24/7 Fraud Monitoring
- Account Security Notifications
- Zero Liability Policy
Member Give Back:
In total, our members earned and saved $3.8 billion in value in 2022.4
1There are no fees for members who use their Navy Federal Debit Card at CO-OP Network® ATMs, in addition to participating California Walgreens.
2Members with Free Active Duty Checking accounts will receive their Direct Deposit of Net Pay (DDNP) one business day early.
3A qualifying military direct deposit of net pay must post to your Free Active Duty Checking account within 90 days of account opening. If the military direct deposit of net pay stops for more than 90 days, the account converts to a Free EveryDay Checking account.
4Dollar value shown represents the results of the 2022 Navy Federal Member Giveback Study. The Member Giveback Study takes into consideration internal market analyses comparing Navy Federal products with industry national averages, as well as discounts, incentives, and other savings.