What Is SCRA?
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) provides legal and financial protection to eligible active duty servicemembers.
It includes benefits such as a 6% interest rate cap and foreclosure protections. The following individuals are eligible for protection under SCRA:
- All branches of the military (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard)
- Reservists called to active duty
- National Guard with qualifying federal active service*
- Commissioned officers of the Public Health Service in active service
- Commissioned officers of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in active service
*National Guard may be eligible for SCRA when the service is authorized by the President or the Department of Defense in response to a federally-funded and President-declared emergency that lasts for more than 30 consecutive days.
Are My Accounts Eligible for SCRA?
Your Navy Federal account(s) may be eligible for SCRA benefits if they were opened before you started active duty.
- Consumer loans
- Mortgages (including Home Equity Lines of Credit)
- Checking Lines of Credit
- Credit cards
- Business loans
- Federal and privately funded education loans
You must request SCRA benefits from us no later than 180 days after your active duty end date.
It’s Easy to Request Your SCRA Benefits and Protection
You can fax us your documentation to 703 206-3108 or mail it to Navy Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 3302, Merrifield, VA 22119, Attn: SCRA, Servicing. If you still have questions, feel free to give us a call at 1-888-842-6328.
As a member-owned and not-for-profit credit union, we have a mission — to put members first by making their financial goals our priority. Explore our Military Life section to learn more.Learn More