Your Navy Federal Tax Information
When filing your tax returns, you may need two types of forms from us: Form 1099 and Form 1098.
If you need to show dividend earnings or other 1099 information, we’ll mail what you need by Jan. 31. You can also view your Form 1099 information through digital banking.
- Mobile App:* Sign in and tap More in the bottom right of the screen, then tap Tax Statements.
- Online: Sign in and click the Statements link in the blue banner at the top of the screen. The current tax year’s form will be listed to view or download. You can also locate your year-end tax information at the bottom of your January statement details.
You may need a Form 1098 (Mortgage Interest Statement), if you need to show you paid interest, points or mortgage insurance premiums. These expenses may be eligible to be used as deductions.1
To access your Form 1098:
- Sign in and select your mortgage or equity account
- Select Statements and Documents from the menu bar
- Select Year End Statement from the drop-down menu
- Scroll to the bottom of the Year End Statement page
- Click on IRS Substitute Form 1098 for 2019
Know When Your Refund Posts
You don’t have to wonder or call us to find out when you’ll get your refund. Set up a deposit notification, and we’ll send you a text,* push notification or email when
Submitting Your Tax ID Certification
We’re required by the IRS to report combined dividend earnings on members’ deposit accounts. If you applied for membership by phone, the form was sent in your new member packet and must be completed to ensure compliance. If you haven't received a 97HX, you can find one using the link below.
You can return the form by faxing it to 703-206-4600, attaching to an eMessage, returning to a branch, or mailing to:
Navy Federal Credit Union
Attn: Membership Department
P.O. Box 3002
Merrifield, VA 22116-9887
Providing essential information for individual taxpayers, the IRS covers the basics of when, how and where taxpayers should file. Find answers to popular questions and access to forms and instructions here as well.Learn More about 1040 Central
Tax Information for Military Members
Understand the specifics of filing taxes as a current or former member of the military, including rules regarding the IRS definition of armed forces.Learn More about Tax Information for Military Members
Filing and paying your taxes should be as convenient as possible. That's why the IRS provides you with many helpful interactive forms, calculators and tools.Learn More about Online Services
Printable Tax Forms
Want to work things out on paper? You can easily print out the forms you need and accompanying instructions from the IRS’ library of PDFs.Learn More about Printable Tax Forms
1 This information is intended to provide general information and should not be considered tax advice. Please consult a tax professional for more information. ↵