Resources for Filing Your Tax Return
When filing your tax returns, you may need one or more of the following.
Navy Federal Tax ID: 530116705
IRS Form 1099
- A digital copy of your tax statement will be available online. This statement is a substitute for your official IRS form 1099 INT and may be used for tax purposes.
- Paper copy mailed before Jan. 31. Delivery times may vary, depending on your mailing service.
IRS Form 1099 can help to show dividend earnings. Follow these steps to access it:
Mobile App:* Sign in and tap More in the bottom right of the screen, then tap Account & Tax Statements.
Online Banking: Sign in and click Account & Tax Statements. The dividend earnings and other IRS Form 1099 information you'll need for your tax return will appear in the Tax Documents section.
Note: If your combined interest-earning accounts report earnings of less than $10 in dividends, you won't receive a 1099.
2023 IRS Form 1098
- Your 2023 IRS Form 1098 will available through online banking by Jan. 31, 2024. You'll have access through Oct. 17, 2024 or longer. IRS Form 1098 isn't accessible through the mobile app.
- Paper copy mailed before Jan. 31. Delivery times may vary, depending on your mailing service. If you're enrolled in electronic statements, you won't receive a hard copy via mail.
IRS Form 1098 (Mortgage Interest Statement) can help to show the amount of interest, points or mortgage insurance premiums you paid on your mortgage loan.
You can find your annual IRS Form 1098 Mortgage Interest Statement in the 1098 Statements section of online banking. Follow these steps to access it:
- Sign in to Navy Federal online banking.
- Click Statements at the top of the page.
- Click to expand your mortgage or equity statements.
- You can find your 1098 form within the monthly statements.
Get Your Refund Faster
No need to wait for a check to come in the mail. You can have your refund deposited automatically into your Navy Federal account. Follow the instructions on your IRS Form 1040 or have your tax preparer set it up for you.
For Federal Refunds
To have your tax refund deposited directly, you’ll need to include:
- our routing number (256074974)
- your account number
For State Refunds
The requirements for state refunds vary by state, so be sure to review your state's tax form instructions for details.
Know When Your Refund Posts
You don't have to wonder or call us to find out when you'll get your refund. Set up a deposit notification, and we'll send you a text,* push notification or email when it posts.
Submitting Your Tax ID Certification
We’re required by the IRS to report combined dividend earnings on members’ deposit accounts. If you applied for membership by phone, the form was sent in your new member packet and must be completed to ensure compliance. If you haven't received a 97HX form, you can find one using the link below.
You can return the form by faxing it to 703-206-4600, attaching it to an eMessage, returning it to a branch or mailing it to:
Navy Federal Credit Union
Attn: Membership Department
P.O. Box 3002
Merrifield, VA 22116-9887
Providing essential information for individual taxpayers, the IRS covers the basics of when, how and where taxpayers should file. Find answers to popular questions and access to forms and instructions as well.Learn More about 1040 Central
Tax Information for Military Members
Special rules may apply to you as a current or former member of the military, especially if you served or are serving in a combat zone or contingency operation or hospitalized for an injury resulting from that service.Learn More about Tax Information for Military Members
Filing and paying your taxes should be as convenient as possible. That's why the IRS provides you with many helpful interactive forms, calculators and tools.Learn More about Online Services
Printable Tax Forms
Want to work things out on paper? You can easily print out the forms you need and accompanying instructions from the IRS’ library of PDFs.Learn More about Printable Tax Forms