To continue enjoying all the features of Navy Federal Online, please use a compatible browser. You can confirm your browser capability here.

Get Your Pay the Secure Way

Enjoy immediate access to your paycheck and reduce the risk of ID theft and mail fraud.

  • Manage your money conveniently
  • Receive paychecks securely
  • Access your money quickly

How Does Direct Deposit Work?

Direct deposit allows employers to transfer your paycheck directly into your account, giving you access to your money as soon as it’s sent. 

It’s easy and convenient, and because there are no paper checks, it reduces the possibility of losing or damaging a paycheck, or having it stolen. Most employers use direct deposit alongside electronic pay stubs, so you still have a record of salary, taxes and contributions.

How to Set Up Direct Deposit

To receive direct deposit payments, your employer will need certain account information. They may have a specific form for you to fill out or ask for a voided check. You’ll likely need to provide your account information online.

It's easy to find your account and routing number using our mobile app.* You can explore our Mobile Banking Video Tutorials for more information.

Visiting our site from a desktop device? You can find the Navy Federal routing number in the top right corner of our website. Once signed in, select your account to locate the account number.

Standard Pay

Use our Direct Deposit of Net Pay Enrollment Form for paychecks not related to military service, government agency employment or benefit pay.

Military Pay (MyPay)

Use MyPay if your paychecks are for:

  • Active Duty military service pay
  • reserve military service pay
  • military retirement pay
  • employment with the Department of Defense (DoD)
  • civilian employment with the Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS)

Government Agency Pay & Benefits

Use the Standard Form 1199A for agency pay or GoDirect if you receive benefit payments from the Federal Government for:

  • Social Security
  • supplemental security income
  • VA benefit & insurance pay
  • civil service retirement
  • railroad retirement

Checking Resources