As a credit cardholder, you can add your spouse, family member or anyone else as an authorized user on your account.1
They'll receive their own card with a unique card number and have the ability to make purchases using the account.
As the primary cardholder, you'll be able to:
- earn rewards for their purchases2
- set spending limits for their cards
- track their spending using digital banking*
Here’s what you’ll need:
- to add an authorized user who's a Navy Federal member, you'll need their Access Number, Social Security Number, date of birth, telephone number, address and name to be printed on the card.
- to add a non-member authorized user, you'll need their Social Security Number, date of birth, telephone number, address and name to be printed on the card.
It’s safe, secure and convenient, and it should take only a few minutes to complete the process. Just visit a branch or call us at 1-888-842-6328 to add someone. You can also sign in to digital banking* to send us a secure message with the person's Social Security Number, date of birth, mailing address, telephone number and name as it should appear on the card.
1Each account is limited to six total users per account, including the primary and any joint account owners. Authorized users can use your account subject to the terms and conditions of the Credit Card Agreement and Disclosure. You are responsible for paying any charges made or allowed by an authorized user. The account performance will be reported in all the account holders' and authorized users' names to the credit bureaus.↵
2Rewards are earned on eligible net purchases. "Net purchases" means the sum of your eligible purchase transactions minus returns and refunds. Eligible purchase transactions do not include, and rewards are not earned for, the following transactions: cash advances, convenience checks, balance transfers, or fees of any kind, including finance charges, late fees, returned check fees, and ATM cash advance fees. Cash equivalent transactions, such as the purchase, loading, or re-loading of gift and prepaid cards (e.g., money orders, Visa® Buxx Cards, GO Prepaid Cards and other cash equivalent gift cards), may not be eligible purchase transactions and may not earn rewards.↵