As a credit cardholder, you can add your spouse, family member or anyone else as an authorized user on your account.1
It’s safe, secure and convenient, and it should take only a few minutes to complete the process. Authorized users will receive their own card with a unique card number and have the ability to make purchases using the account.
As the primary cardholder, you'll be able to:
- earn rewards for their purchases if you have a rewards card2
- set spending limits for their cards
- track their spending using digital banking*
Here’s what you’ll need:
- To add a Navy Federal member, you'll need their Access Number, Social Security Number, date of birth, telephone number, address and name to be printed on the card.
- To add a non-member, you'll need their Social Security Number, date of birth, telephone number, address and name to be printed on the card.
Add an authorized user in any of these ways:
1 Each account is limited to four total users per account, including the primary and any joint account owners. Authorized users can use your account subject to the terms and conditions of the Credit Card Agreement and Disclosure. You are responsible for paying any charges made or allowed by an authorized user. The account will be reported routinely to the credit reporting agencies in the names of all cardholders, including authorized users. ↵
2 Rewards are earned on eligible net purchases. "Net purchases" means the sum of your eligible purchase transactions minus returns and refunds. Eligible purchase transactions do not include, and rewards are not earned for, the following transactions: cash advances, convenience checks, balance transfers, or fees of any kind, including finance charges, late fees, returned check fees, and ATM cash advance fees. Cash equivalent transactions, such as the purchase, loading, or reloading of gift and prepaid cards (e.g., money orders, Visa® Buxx Cards, GO Prepaid Cards and other cash equivalent gift cards), may not be eligible purchase transactions and may not earn rewards. ↵