How You Could Get a Great Deal on Your Next Car
Here’s how you could get a great price on your next car in a hot market.
Bottom Line Up Front
- Search for the car you want and get up-front personalized price offers from TrueCar® Certified Dealers.1
- Looking to trade or sell? Obtain an estimated trade-in value for your current car, and you could get a cash offer in minutes.
- Some dealers allow you to buy your car from the comfort of your home with vehicle delivery and remote paperwork options.
- Navy Federal Credit Union has great rates on auto loans, 100% financing and exclusive military discounts, often with decisions in seconds.
Time to Read
July 22, 2022
If you’re like most people, you don’t buy a vehicle that often. That means new tips and tools have probably emerged since your last car purchase. These tools not only make car buying easier and faster, but also help you secure a great deal.
That’s the case with Navy Federal Credit Union’s Car Buying Service, powered by TrueCar®.2 Through this partnership, you can find and finance your next car all in one place—even from the comfort of home.
How the Car Buying Service Can Help
- Get data about what cars are selling for near you. Search for the car you’re interested in online and see prices for actual cars near you. Plus, you can see a market average for cars like the one you want, based on actual recent transactions by other buyers.3 Armed with that information, you can easily identify a great deal.
- Exclusive member pricing and incentives. Once you’ve found the car that’s right for you, get a personalized offer from a TrueCar® Certified Dealer online. You can also receive additional special incentives from select manufacturers.
- Trade-ins made easy. Unlike tools that give you an estimate of what you might be able to negotiate at a dealership, the Car Buying Service, powered by TrueCar®, gives you the option of a True Cash OfferTM. After providing information about your car—like the mileage, color and options—you’ll receive an offer from a TrueCar® Certified Dealer. Not ready to sell quite yet? Your offer is locked in for 3 days.
- Buy a car from anywhere. You can do most things from your personal computer, and now car buying is one of them, too. Some dealers allow you to handle all aspects of your purchase without ever needing to go into the dealership. You’ll complete your paperwork remotely and have the vehicle delivered to you.
- Apply for your loan. Before you hit the road, apply for financing for your new or used vehicle through Navy Federal. We offer auto loans with great rates, 100% financing and exclusive military discounts, often with decisions in seconds. Get preapproved to speed up the process and know how much you can afford.
- Connect with a TrueCar® Certified Dealer. Want to search online, but test drive and buy in person? You can do that, too. Complete your purchase all online, or start online and finish at the dealership. Once you find your vehicle, you can lock in incentives and discounts and connect with the dealer to visit in person. You can apply for your loan in minutes and take advantage of other member-only discounts—all before heading out the door.
Shop and Compare
Best of all, Navy Federal’s Car Buying Service, powered by TrueCar®, is free for members. You can get discounted pricing and, if eligible, enjoy incentives tailored to Active Duty, veterans and their families. Shop around, and you could get better prices in a hot auto market.
- First, figure out your budget and how much you can afford on your next car with help from our Car Affordability Calculator.
- Familiarize yourself with the car-buying process.
- Check out our car-buying service to compare your options, get an estimate on your current car, see what others are paying for the car you want in your area, and then come back to Navy Federal to start the loan process.
TrueCar Certified Dealers are contractually obligated by TrueCar to meet certain customer service requirements and complete the TrueCar Dealer Certification Program.↵
TrueCar operates the Navy Federal Car Buying Service. Navy Federal is not responsible for any purchase, lease or service provided by or through the Navy Federal Car Buying Service.↵
TrueCar provides a market average for cars like the one you want, based on actual recent transactions by other buyers. Additional information regarding the calculation of TrueCar's Market Averages is available at navyfederal.truecar.com.↵
This content is intended to provide general information and shouldn't be considered legal, tax or financial advice. It's always a good idea to consult a tax or financial advisor for specific information on how certain laws apply to your situation and about your individual financial situation.