The saying “good things come in small packages” certainly holds true for gift cards. While small in size, gift cards continue to surge in popularity because of their convenience. In fact, according to a survey by WalletHub, 41% of respondents said they’d like to receive a gift card as a holiday gift.1
A Gift With Plenty of Possibilities
Gift cards eliminate the guesswork, letting family members and friends get exactly what they want. And that’s not all—here are a few more reasons gift cards make thoughtful gifts:
- You can make them personal. Gift cards don’t have to be impersonal. Make them special by including a personalized note with each card. “A great artist needs more supplies!” or “For your next camping trip!” shows you have their interests in mind.
- Easy to send. Sending gifts to long-distance loved ones can be stressful with holiday deadlines and shipping costs. But physical gift cards are easy to send by mail. For cards of $200 or less, Navy Federal will even send them to the recipient for you. And last-minute Christmas shoppers love gift cards for instant holiday season gift giving.
- A hit with children and teens. Kids can be picky, but gift cards let them choose exactly what they want. You can purchase a Navy Federal Visa® Gift Card online or in domestic branches that let them shop wherever—like Amazon, Target, Disney or Sephora. And gift cards also can teach kids about personal finance, as they check prices to spend wisely.
- No risk of returns. Giving a gift card means you won’t have to remember to ask for a gift receipt at checkout or search for the receipt later if the recipient needs to make a return.
While gift cards may have taken some time to break into the mainstream, they have definitely earned a prime spot in our digital shopping universe. Consider using them to give your loved ones the gift of choice!
- Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Gift Cards are available in branches or online, where you can personalize with a custom message and design. Navy Federal Visa Gift Cards are accepted across the U.S. and available in amounts from $10 to $500.
- Want a gift card that’s more personalized to your loved one’s interests? Check out this list of 2023’s top gift cards. From Starbucks to Nike, there’s a gift card idea for every taste. Remember, though, Navy Federal gift cards have no purchase or activation fees!
1WalletHub, 2017’s Best Gift Cards, 2022's Best Gift Cards. Accessed Sept. 25, 2018.
All product and company names and logos are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
Cards ordered online between $10 and $200 can be mailed to the purchaser or card recipient. Cards ordered between $200.01 and $500 must be mailed to the purchaser. Cards are mailed with instructions and the terms and conditions. Terms and conditions apply to gift cards.
This content is intended to provide general information and shouldn't be considered legal, tax or financial advice. It's always a good idea to consult a tax or financial advisor for specific information on how certain laws apply to your situation and about your individual financial situation.