What Is SCRA?
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) provides legal and financial protection to eligible active duty servicemembers.
It includes benefits such as a 6% interest rate cap and foreclosure protections. The following individuals are eligible for protection under SCRA:
- All branches of the military (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard)
- Reservists called to active duty
- National Guard with qualifying federal active service*
- Commissioned officers of the Public Health Service in active service
- Commissioned officers of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in active service
*National Guard may be eligible for SCRA when the service is authorized by the President or the Department of Defense in response to a federally-funded and President-declared emergency that lasts for more than 30 consecutive days.