Checking Protection Options
Protect Your Checking Accounts
Whether it's a simple checkbook miscalculation, car repairs, medical expenses or unexpected travel, we understand that life happens. Navy Federal offers checking protection options to make sure you're covered.
Covers overdrafts by automatically moving money from savings to checking.
- Free of charge
- Funds must be available in savings account
- Limit to 6 transfers per month1
Checking Line of Credit2
Protects your checking account from overdrafts and denied transactions.
- Coverage for large or unexpected expenses
- Low interest rates ranging from 13.9% to 17.9% APR3
- No per-item overdraft fees
Optional Overdraft Protection Service4 (OOPS)
OOPS covers overdrafts from checks, ATM withdrawals, Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions (including automatic bill payments) and debit card transactions.
- $20 fee for each overdraft
- No fee on transactions of $5 or less, or if your total overdrawn balance is less than $15
- Maximum of 3 overdraft fees charged per day (additional charges will be covered up to the maximum amount)
- Total overdrafts limited to $500, plus fees
- 30 days to bring the account to a positive balance4
- No credit approval required
Opt In to OOPS
Call us at 1-888-842-6328 or use the steps below to opt in online:
- Sign in to online banking
- Click the "Account Services" tab
- Find the "Checking & Savings" section
- Click "Optional Overdraft Protection Service"
You can also mail/fax us the form below.
1These savings transfers, in addition to other types of transfers and/or withdrawals made from your savings account, are limited by federal law to 6 per month. Visit the Important Disclosures for more information.
2Checking Line of Credit is a credit product and subject to credit approval. Repayment terms are 2% of the outstanding balance or $20, whichever is greater.
3Rates based on creditworthiness, so your rate may differ.
4For more information on OOPS, Terms and Conditions are available.