The Keys to Getting Your First Home
Unlock your dream home with special savings for the first-time buyer.Get Started
The thought of buying a home can be overwhelming for anyone, particularly for first-time buyers. Navy Federal Credit Union's staff of trained mortgage professionals is here every step of the way to guide you through the process. Our special offers, low rates and no-money-down mortgages can get you in your first home for less.
What You'll Get
We've bundled together the best options to help simplify the process and save you money with our First-Time Homebuyer package. Take advantage of 100% financing options1 with our fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgage options.
- No down payment necessary
- Free real estate assistance and up to $5,050 back after closing with RealtyPlus®2
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) on many loans, saving you hundreds in monthly payments
- Free Rate Float/Lock options allowing you to lock in an interest rate at contract and lower it if rates drop prior to closing
- Rate match3—if you find a better rate somewhere else, we'll match it! If we can't,
we'll pay you $1,000!
Choosing a Mortgage
Wondering what the best loan option is for you? Here are a few key things to consider:
- Total Home-Buying budget: First and foremost, you need to determine just how much home you can afford.
- Amount of Available Down Payment: Different loans have different minimum down payments, starting from as little as $0. Knowing what you're able to put down can help you narrow down loans.
- Length of Time You Plan to Stay in the Home: Determining if you should go with a fixed- or adjustable-rate mortgage often comes down to whether or not you plan to be in the house for more than five years.
Visit MakingCents for clear, step-by-step information on the home-buying process.
Included with All Navy Federal Mortgages
- Nationwide availability
- Personal guidance from first call to closing
- Navy Federal servicing for the life of your loan
Simplify Your Move
- Search for Homes Nationwide
- Get cash back buying or selling a home with RealtyPlus
For questions, call us at 1-888-842-6328.
1Product features subject to approval. Available for purchase loans only. Loans are subject to additional funding fee which may be financed up to max loan amount.
2Cash back from $400 to $5,050 is available in most states. No cash back in AK, LA, MS, OK. You must register with RealtyPlus before contracting with a real estate agent and be represented by the assigned RealtyPlus real estate firm at closing to qualify. Standard listing fees apply. Contact RealtyPlus for terms and conditions.
3Special offer available for purchase and refinance first mortgages. Certain product exclusions may apply. You must lock your rate with Navy Federal prior to submitting rate match request to qualify for this offer. Loan Estimate from competing lender must be dated and received within 3 calendar days of locking your interest rate at Navy Federal. Please note that other documentation used to show competitors terms will not qualify for offer. The terms of the competing loan must be identical to Navy Federal's loan. For example, a 30 year fixed rate product with mortgage insurance is not identical to a Navy Federal 30 year fixed rate product that does not have mortgage insurance. If the loan does not close within the commitment period, the rate match may be voided. NOTE: The initial Loan Estimate from a wholesale lender/broker is not an acceptable document for a rate match submission unless the Lender Information section on the Loan Estimate is completed. To receive $1,000, you must provide a signed, executed copy of the final Closing Disclosure and a copy of the mortgage note within 30 calendar days of your loan closing with the original competing lender. Offer not valid if original loan terms or conditions change prior to closing. Once approved, $1,000 will be automatically deposited into your Navy Federal account within 30 calendar days of receiving the necessary documentation. Recipient is solely responsible for any personal tax liability arising out of this incentive.