Home Loan Pre-Approval
Secure Your Financing Before You Start Shopping for a HomeGet Pre-Approved
Before you start shopping for a home, consider getting pre-approved for your loan. A pre-approval will show sellers you’re a serious buyer and give you a competitive advantage during the bidding process.
What Is a Pre-Approval?
A pre-approval is a commitment from a lender that financing up to a certain amount will be available to you when you decide to make an offer on a house. The loan amount is based on your credit score, income, assets, debts, employment history and other financial information. A Navy Federal pre-approval is good for 90 days and gives you the strength of a cash buyer.
A pre-approval can help you:
- learn how much you can confidently offer when you find the right home
- win a bidding war against others who may not qualify for a loan
- complete the mortgage process more quickly once you find a home
What You’ll Need to Get Pre-Approved
Gathering the following information before you apply will help get the process started quickly.
- W2 forms from past 2 years for all borrowers
- Pay stubs from past 1 to 3 months for all borrowers
- Personal tax returns from past 2 years for all borrowers
- Social Security Number
- Monthly debt and living expenses
Depending on the property type you’re interested in or any unique circumstances, you may need to provide additional documents. After we receive all the required documentation, we can typically complete a pre-approval within a few days.
Start your pre-approval application today.
Get the information you need on the home-buying process.
To learn more about pre-approvals, visit our news center or call us at 1-888-842-6328.