Saving for College
It's never too soon to start preparing for future education expenses. Make saving for college a priority early on to ensure your child is able to obtain their education goals. Navy Federal offers what you need to make that possible.
- Start your savings with a basic account.
- Get tax-free earnings for education expenses with an ESA (Education Savings Account).
- Grow your earnings with competitive rates with a Money Market Savings Account.
- Put your money to work for you with a certificate.
- Fine-tune your education savings plan with our College Savings Calculator.
Paying for College or Refinancing
Whether you need a new student loan to help offset college costs or are in the market to refinance an existing loan, we have options that can help.
- Finance your education with a Navy Federal Student Loan when grants, scholarships and Federal Education Loans don't fully cover college expenses.
- Combine outstanding Federal loans and loans from other lenders into a single loan with Navy Federal and save yourself time and money.
Take Us to College with Your Student
From checking accounts to a smart and secure option for a first credit card—make sure your student has the tools and resources they need to be financially prepared on campus.
- Free Campus Checking offers access to thousands of free ATMs nationwide and provides ATM fee rebates of up to $10 per statement period for any fees you're charged from out-of-network ATMs.
- Get yourself or your student the solution for larger expenses—like textbooks or a laptop—and make purchasing easier and more rewarding with an nRewards® or cashRewards card.
- Manage and monitor your student's spending with a Visa® Buxx Card. Convenient and secure, this reloadable prepaid debit card helps you and your student easily track spending and stay on budget together.