Am I Eligible for Membership?
Our field of membership goes beyond current and retired members of the armed forces to include their families and household members, Department of Defense personnel and more.
Active Duty, Retired & Veterans
- Active Duty members of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard and Space Force
- Delayed Entry Program (DEP)
- DoD Officer Candidate/ROTC
- DoD Reservists
- Veterans, retirees and annuitants
Department of Defense Civilians
- DoD civilian employees
- U.S. Government employees assigned to DoD installations
- DoD contractors assigned to U.S. Government installations
- DoD civilian retirees and annuitants
Ready to Join?
Using our online application, you can apply for membership in about 10 minutes. You can even sign your children up for membership through our minor membership application. Give us a call at 1-888-842-6328 or visit a branch to apply in person.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO JOIN
- Social Security Number*
- Current home address*
- Driver’s license or government ID*
- Credit card or bank account and routing number to fund your account
*You’ll need these for any joint owners you’d like to add.