A Basic Savings account comes with your Navy Federal membership and opens the door to our suite of saving products.
- Competitive rates
- No monthly service charge
Education Savings Accounts (ESA)
- Earnings are tax-free if used for education expenses
- Students may be the beneficiary on more than one ESA—total contributions cannot exceed $2,000
- Any individual (meeting adjusted gross income requirements) can make a non-deductible contribution
- Minimum purchase amounts of $1,000, $10,000, $20,000, $50,000, and $100,000
- No maximum purchase amount (excluding special promotions or offers)
- 3-month to 7-year terms available (longer maturities earn higher dividends)
EasyStartSM ESA Certificates
- Only $100 to start
- 12-month term
- Deposits can be made at any time
Three-Year Variable ESA Certificate
- $500 minimum deposit
- Add funds on the 12- and 24-month anniversary dates
Certificate Maturity Instructions
To access this feature:
- Sign in to account access
- Click on Account Services
- Locate the Share Certificate, IRA & ESA Category
- Click on Maturity Instructions
Save up for that dream vacation or maybe those holiday gifts. Select any term from three months up to five years.
- Low $5 minimum deposit
- Dividends are compounded daily
- Make deposits to your account at any time
- Choose your own maturity date
Deposit Trust Account
This account holds funds designated by a legal trust; generally, funds can be distributed without passing through probate.
- Navy Federal savings accounts, Money Market Savings Accounts, checking accounts, and share certificates can be designated under the Deposit Trust account.
- This account provides additional share insurance coverage since it is federally insured separately from other Navy Federal accounts.
- A legal trust is required prior to establishing a Deposit Trust account. Legal trusts are set up outside of Navy Federal and generally require the service of an attorney.
Administers your gift money to a minor with potential tax savings.
This is a savings account that administers your gift money to a minor with potential tax savings. You save because a portion of the dividends are taxed at the minor's lower rate. Provision for these accounts is established under the Uniform Transfer to Minors Act.
The minor cannot withdraw this money until reaching the age you determine (usually 18 or 21). Then, the account can be converted to a regular savings account.
Designed to hold a deceased member's estate assets separate from an estate administrator's own personal accounts. It consists of a checking account and companion savings account. Typically, the deceased member's assets are deposited into savings, then transferred as needed to checking for easy payment of taxes, debts and other obligations during the estate settlement process.
- A low $5 minimum balance for savings
- Two checking programs to choose from: EveryDay Checking and Flagship Checking
- Free personalized duplicate-style checks
- Free copies of paid checks
- Dividends earned from day-of-deposit to day-of-withdrawal on the savings account
- Ability to earn dividends on Flagship Checking
- Combined, itemized monthly statement
- Funds transferable between accounts online
Payable on Death (POD) Accounts
POD accounts allow you to designate beneficiaries in order to pass on your Navy Federal assets, generally avoiding probate.
- Navy Federal savings accounts, Money Market Savings Accounts, checking accounts, and share certificates can be designated as POD accounts.
- The beneficiary(ies) only has/have access to funds after your death.
- These accounts provide additional share insurance coverage since they are federally insured separately from other Navy Federal accounts.
- Legal documents are not required.
Branches & ATMs
Thousands of ATMs WorldwideLearn moreabout branches and ATMs.
Get same-day access to your money.Learn more Direct Deposit.
It's time to save
Start saving today!Learn more about different Navy Federal savings accounts.