Every member is assigned an Access Number, but you shouldn't use it for your sign in credentials. Instead, replace it with a unique username, because it will be harder for fraudsters to guess. Use letters, numbers and special characters.
Biometric Sign In
You can use biometrics like a fingerprint or facial recognition to sign in. It’s a great security feature because if you lose your phone, it won’t allow others to access your account.
In case of an emergency, suspicious activity or a security threat or if we need to verify your identity, we’ll need to know how to contact you. So it’s important to keep us up to date.
Is It Safe to Share My Data With a Financial App?
Many financial apps require you to share your financial accounts’ usernames and passwords. So, you’re giving a third party full access to your financial and personal information (e.g., Social Security Number). Things you should know:
- Security & privacy standards. How will they use your information, for how long and will they share it? Are you protected in case of a breach?
- Ending their access. Some apps continue to pull your information, even if you delete them. To truly end their access, delete your account with them and change your Navy Federal password. You can also enable security notifications.
More Ways to Protect Yourself
- Make sure your operating systems, software and browsers are up-to-date and that you have antivirus and firewall protection.
- Set strong passwords and enable screen locks to keep others from using your devices.
- Keep your sign in credentials private—Navy Federal will never ask for them.
- Clear your devices’ caches and browsing history to protect passwords and payment history.
- Be extra cautious when using public computers or Wi-Fi, and don’t use them for financial transactions.
- Be aware of privacy policies and terms and conditions on sites you use and on anything you download.
- Check for a padlock symbol and "https" in your browser's address bar before sharing payment information.
- Download apps and software only from authorized vendors.