What will it take to make owning your dream home a reality? Navy Federal Credit Union's variety of mortgage options offer the best possible rates and financing for our members, and are tailored to your specific needs—whether you're a first time homebuyer, a servicemember, or in the market to refinance. Before you make a decision, calculate your total budget, compare loan options, analyze payment plans and then determine which option is best for you.
Visit MakingCents for clear, step-by-step information on the home-buying process.
- Buying vs. Renting Which is best for you?
- Monthly Mortgage Payments What will yours be?
- Total Home-buying Budget How much home can you afford?
- Mortgage & Income Taxes How much can you save?
- Income Requirements What do you need to make to qualify?
- 15- vs. 30-year Terms Which term is best for you?
- Down Payments How much should yours be?
- Point Payments Is the lower rate worth paying points?
- Mortgage Insurance Costs How can you reduce them?
- Closing Costs What will yours be?
Paying Down & Refinancing
- Bi-weekly Payments How much can they save you?
- Bi-weekly Payments (Existing Mortgage) What advantage do they offer?
- Increasing Payments How much faster can you pay off?
- Refinance Interest Savings How much can you save if you refinance?
- Refinancing What will it cost you?
- Refinance Break Even How long will it take to reach?
- Payoff Timeline How long will it take to pay off?