Special Update for Members Deployed Due to the Russia-Ukraine Conflict
Servicemembers deployed to Europe due to the Russia-Ukraine conflict can qualify for Navy Federal Emergency Relief Loans up to $5,000.1 Apply at your local branch, by calling us domestically at 1-888-842-6328 or view our list of international phone numbers.
Preparing for Deployment
As an Active Duty servicemember, you’re always prepared to deploy at a moment’s notice. We have some simple steps you can take to secure your finances before, during and after deployment.
Get Your Finances in Order
Your finances won’t be automatically put on hold while you’re away. Once your unit is alerted to the possibility of deployment, here are some ways you can plan accordingly:
- Have an emergency fund. It’s always wise to have 3 to 6 months’ worth of savings for sudden expenses, like vehicle repairs or plane tickets.
- Share account details if your family will be staying stateside and consider adding a joint owner to your financial accounts. Fill out a Change of Information/Add Joint Owner form and submit your form through your online account or at any branch.
- Explore setting up free automatic Bill Pay to ensure you don’t miss any payments.
- Talk to one of our financial advisors. They're here to help you learn about life insurance options, designed to give you peace of mind.
Know Your Benefits & Discounts
Identify exclusive offers and discounts you can take advantage of, thanks to your service:
- Check to see if you qualify for tax-free pay and deployment-related allowances from Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS). These benefits vary on your deployment location.
- Get early access to military pay when you sign up for direct deposit with our free Active Duty Checking® account. Plus, receive $20 in ATM fee rebates and free military checks.
- Explore our benefits. Navy Federal offers Active Duty members exclusive offers and benefits on our products and services.
Protect Your Finances While You're Away
Servicemembers can appoint a trusted individual to care for their finances while they’re deployed. We offer Power of Attorney (POA) forms that can assist with a variety of Navy Federal banking transactions to make this process easier for you.
Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
We're committed to serving those who serve. Learn more about the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) to make managing your finances easier.Learn Moreabout Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
Military Pay Calculator
Understanding your military pay can help you secure your finances before, during and after deployment.Learn Moreabout Military Pay Calculator
Wondering When You'll Get Paid Next?
Check out this year's standard military pay dates and Navy Federal pay dates.Learn Moreabout Wondering When You'll Get Paid Next?
Up to 24 months at 6% APR. Payment example: A loan amount of $5,000 for 24 months has a payment of $222. Assistance available to members deployed or deploying to theater of operations in Europe. Navy Federal reserves the right to end or modify this offer at any time.↵